Monday 29 April 2013

Homework Challenge #1

For the Rimu Homework Challenge I made my own challenge in the category of "Giving".

I went to my nanas at the beginning of April this year and helped her pack up her 3-bedroom house as my dad was moving her in to a 2-bedroom villa at Cedar Manor retirement home in 6th Ave.

When we were packing her house up she knew she had to down size. What we did for her was we got some boxes and packed things like spare cutlery, spare kitchen appliances and storage, some towels and sheets and spare clothes from my grandad, who passed away just last year. We delivered these items to the Salvation Army, Waipuna Hospice shop and St.Vincent De Paul as they give to the people that are in need.

What the Salvation Army, Waipuna Hospice and St. Vincent De Paul do, is they have a proud history of helping people.  They gather items such as furniture and miscellaneous items and sell them cheap to people locally to raise funds for their charity work. My Nana helped out alot as she donated many items to the charities. I also helped mum and dad go through some of our cupboards to find stuff we could donate. We ended up donating some furniture and some of my baby clothes and old toys.

1 comment:

  1. I hope nothing broke when she was moving to her new house

    ReplyDelete