Thursday 26 June 2014

Cross Country Recount

For this recount, we had to write about a specific item near/on the course such as a drink bottle or a stopwatch. I have chosen a blade of grass.


My name does not matter, but I am just a lonely piece of darkish green coloured grass, being stepped on from all different directions. My colour was fading, and now the Year Eight boys were up next. I heard the gun from the distance, as I waved with the wind on the finishing corner. I saw lots of people sprinting up the hill, past the cricket nets and down by the buses. My eye caught a boy in a bright red shirt, wearing covered-in-black light blue shoes. He was near the front, behind another muscular looking boy in an orange shirt. The boy in the red shirt was quite handsome. Before I knew it, he disappeared with the group of boys.

Soon, I could see a boy in a sports academy shirt, in first place. He was leading the pack, with another boy wearing the same shirt close behind him. Many people starting passing for their second lap, but I couldn't seem to make out my new friend, until I saw his friend in a light blue shirt. The boy with the light red shirt was close behind, he looked tired. Again, I saw him disappear behind the new white building and then soon saw him coming around by the buses. Before I knew it, he had disappeared.

The final 200 meters was underway, and the two people with the dark blue and red shirts battling it out for first and second place. People kept missing me as I was positioned on the edge of the rope. Before I knew it, loads of people were racing each other, some with a lot of space between them. After nearly 50 people, I saw my new friend. I heard his other friends calling him "Zane" so that must of been his name. He looked pretty much smashed, and he was hobbling a bit on his right leg. He sprinted past and narrowly missed stepping on me. Later, after about 100-125 people someone finally clombed on me, weakening me. It was impossible to get up, and now, I was near death. My eyes slowly closed, to endless black.

No comments:

Post a Comment