Sunday 9 November 2014

Waimarino Blog Post

First Person View from a Blade of Grass.


As the first group of kids walked down the our concrete entrance, I thought to myself, isn't there two groups today? I knew that we were going to have a lot of kids running around, and that I would have to watch another group struggle to climb the UFO's ladder. I watched as Nicola and Jade looked over to the group, and then down on their clipboard.
"This isn't our school group, is it?" I heard Jade say.
"No, we have Tauranga Intermediate." Nicola would reply. I watched on as the small group continued to file down the stairway into the area. I could make out the Whakatane Intermediate shield on their uniforms. I waited around five minutes. Tauranga Intermediate was my favourite school, only yesterday we had a Light Blue House walk into our gates. They were a great group. Soon, around sixty kids filed so quickly down, they were faster then the speed of light.
TAURANGA INTERMEDIATE! I tried to shout, but then I realised I didn't have a mouth. My green body ruffled around as the wind from the incoming weather hit me with such speed, I nearly tipped over. I could see that the first halve of their trip wasn't going to be a fun part, as the rain was looking to shower down. All of the crazy coloured clothed people were really loud. I may have been near the diving board but I could see everything around the park.

As I watched the kids, I wanted to talk to every one of them, but I couldn't without a mouth. Nicola and Jade had large grins on their faces. They all ran towards the tent at the far side of the park as the rain started to pour. Soon they were changed and ready for their swim test. They dived off the board below me as I reached up as far as I could through the crack of where I was positioned. I watched them all dive in, and the kids at the back whimpering that it was too cold. They all swam hard to the ladder as they climbed out shouting it isn't that bad! I saw a medium height boy climb straight up on top of me. He looked like an advanced gymnast. He consistently jumped off until other people joined him. He positioned himself in a backflip position, as his foot slowly got closer to me. His foot was only centimetres away, only to realise at that moment, I was soon to be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment