Saturday 27 July 2013

HOMEWORK CHALLENGE: Designing my own Challenge under Service in School and Community

Hello,

I have completed another one of my Homework Challenges. I designed my own challenge under Service in School and Community. I went to my Nana's Resthome, Cedar Manor. I went upstairs with her and helped her and other elderly with their games of Housie. Every Friday they all pay $2 and the winner of each game gets $2 back. So it depends on how many turn up as to how many games are played. I helped call out the numbers and also helped out the elderly with their bingo cards as some of them had trouble hearing.

It really is just a fun time when they can all meet, have a friendly game of housie and chat and catch up with the news and keep in touch.

Unfortunately, I could only get one photo of the "Manor Lounge" sign where we all played.

No comments:

Post a Comment